Hello family and friends,
Welcome to my blog! This will be my main way of communicating to you while I will be in Cairo, Egypt. Of course you may send me emails at scott.e.adam@gmail.com. I would love to hear what is going on in your lives while I am in a different part of the world, but please do not expect an email back because I will have very little free time as well as limited internet access.
First let’s go over the basic information. I am leaving on Saturday, August 23rd from LAX to fly into Dulles Airport in Washington D.C. where my brother and sister-in-law, Peter and Naomi, will pick me up and take me to their new home in Silver Spring, Maryland. I will be staying there until August 26th when I board the plane to Egypt. I plan to arrive in Cairo in the late afternoon/early evening of the 27th of August. Conversely, I will be leaving Cairo for Washington D.C. on the 11th of December, stay overnight at Peter and Naomi’s, and arrive home on December 12th. For those of you that don’t know I will embarking on a three and a half month study abroad program to the Middle East called MESP (The Middle Eastern Studies Program).
Secondly, you may be asking yourselves why I have chosen to live in Egypt for the next three and a half month. I was first introduced to this program by a fellow friend and student on LA term and I was instantly fascinated by the possibility of living and learning in the Middle East. The more I researched the more I desired to go. . I wanted to experience something completely different and throw myself into a totally new environment. So, here I am.
Finally, I would appreciate your prayers for this exciting opportunity of growth, learning, and fun. This semester is designed to be challenging and life changing. So your prayers, emails, and comments are appreciated.
Well, next time you hear from me I will be in Cairo, Egypt inshallah (God willing). Ma’is salaama (Good bye).
2 comments:
I am going to miss you Scotty! I will pray that you have tons of fun, and that you stay safe, of course :) I look forward to your blog entries!
i can't WAIT to see you in Cairo!!!! yay!!!!
Post a Comment